DISCLAIMER - Fraudulent Recruitment and Gold Purchase Deals
Accra – 3rd March, 2017 – It has come to the attention of Newmont Ghana that various individuals and groups are offering unsuspecting individuals fake employment opportunities and gold purchase deals on behalf of the company. These are scams intended to extort money from individuals.
Newmont Ghana wishes to notify the public that they have not designated any individuals or groups outside the company to recruit on their behalf through online job postings. They also do not contract individuals to market gold or gold products.
While Newmont Ghana has alerted the security agencies about these criminal activities, they urge members of the public to be vigilant and take note of the following:
- Do not respond to business propositions or offers of employment from people who claim to be Newmont Ghana representatives.
- Available opportunities are officially published on the Careers page of their website: www.newmont.com.
- Newmont Ghana does not require job applicants to pay processing fees or any other charges as a condition for employment.
- The company does not contract individuals or groups to sell gold.
- If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an employment opportunity supposedly from Newmont Ghana or want any information on the company, kindly contact them on the following numbers before taking further action: +233 24-431-2455; +233 30-701-1852
- If you are a victim of this scam, please contact the Police.
About Newmont Ghana
Africa is one of five core operating districts of Newmont Mining Corporation, the second largest gold company in the world (www.newmont.com). Newmont holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo mine in the Brong-Ahafo Region and the Akyem mine in the Eastern Region. The company currently employs approximately 4,000 employees and contractors.
Our exploration and development focus is centred on Ghana. We regularly review other opportunities throughout the continent and are currently undertaking greenfield exploration activities in Ethiopia
Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. In 2016, Newmont was ranked the DJSI global leader in sustainability for the second consecutive year. The Akyem and Ahafo mines were in 2016 also voted the best company in Ghana and the mining company of the year by the Ghana Investment Promotion Council and the Ghana Chamber of Mines respectively.
Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through Newmont Ghana’s high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for its host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
More information can be found in Newmont's annual sustainability report, www.BeyondTheMine.com. The report is published as part of Newmont’s ongoing obligations as a founding member of the International Council on Mining and Metals (www.icmm.com) and in accordance with its commitments under the United Nations' Global Compact (www.unglobalcompact.org) and the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (www.voluntaryprinciples.org).
Regional Media Contact:
Adiki O. Ayitevie
Senior Director, Communications and External Relations
+233 24 433 0870