Recent Features :
Minas Conga, Peru
The public engagement process leading up to the approval included approximately 13,000 people from the neighboring communities, the Cajamarca region and elsewhere.
Water management practices incorporated in the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) were based on more than 10 years of hydrology and engineering studies conducted by respected independent firms. In addition, the Conga water management program is designed to provide a year-round water supply to surrounding communities.
We’re committed to transparently sharing information about the Conga project and our efforts in the region. The following documents provide information on our community engagement, the EIA process and information about independent reviews of the EIA.
- Conga Project - Fact Sheet (417 KB)
- Conga Project – Fact Sheet (Spanish) (413 KB)
- Conga Revised Development Plan (207 KB)
- Conga Project Mine Closure Plan (1.07 MB)
- Conga Water Resources (273 KB)
- Conga Social Development (63.9 KB)
- Conga EIA Citizen Participation (417 KB)
- Chailhuagon Reservoir- Fact Sheet (78.3 KB)
- Proposed Perol Reservoir Fact Sheet (226.15 KB)
- Chaupe Family Land Dispute Information (407 KB)
Provincial Mayor of Cajamarca Visits Chailhuagon Reservoir
- Executive Summary (Spanish)
- Executive Summary (English) (7.1 MB)
- Full Translated EIA (full document) (166 MB)
- Full Translated EIA (download specific sections)
Independent EIA Review
Response to Dr. Robert Moran’s Review of the EIA