- At Newmont, one of our core values is to act with integrity, trust and respect.
- Newmont employees will demonstrate leadership in safety, stewardship of the environment and social responsibility.
Recent Features :
Memberships & Partners
An Industry Leader
As of December 31, 2012, Newmont had proven and probable gold reserves of 99.2 million attributable ounces and an aggregate land position of approximately 29,000 square miles (75,000 square kilometers).
Headquarters: Denver, Colorado
President and CEO: Gary J. Goldberg
New York Stock Exchange (NYSE): NEM
Work force: Around 40,000 employees and contractors
Number of countries in which we have operations: Seven. (United States, Australia, Peru, Indonesia, Ghana, New Zealand and Mexico).
Land position: Approximately 29,000 square miles (75,000 square kilometers)
- Annual revenue of $9.9 billion;
- Record regular dividends paid to shareholders of $695 million, or $1.40 per share, representing a payout ratio of 38% of adjusted net income;
- Gold operating margin of $985 per ounce;
- Operating cash flow of $2.4 billion;
- Attributable gold and copper production of 5.0 million ounces and 143 million pounds, respectively;
- Gold and copper consolidated costs applicable to sales (“CAS”)1 of $677 per ounce and $2.34 per pound, respectively;
- All-in sustaining cost2 of $1,149 per ounce; and
- Average realized gold and copper price of $1,662 per ounce and $3.43 per pound, respectively.
- Included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the sixth year in a row.
- Attributable gold CAS was $698 per ounce for 2012.
- All in sustaining cost is a non-GAAP metric defined by the Company as the sum of costs applicable to sales, copper by-product credits, G&A, exploration expense, advanced projects and R&D, other expense, and sustaining capital. Please see reconciliation on page 13 of our 2012 year-end financial results news release.
Gold (as of year-end 2012)
- 99.2 million attributable ounces of proven and probable gold reserves.
- Attributable production of 5 million ounces.
Copper (as of year-end 2012)
- 9.5 billion attributable pounds of proven and probable copper reserves.
- Attributable production of 143 million pounds.
Vision, Mission and Values
In 2009, Newmont enhanced its Mission, Vision and Values to provide clarity and help us successfully grow our business:
Vision: We will be the most valued and respected mining company through industry leading performance.
Mission: We will build a sustainable mining business that delivers top quartile shareholder returns while leading in safety, environmental stewardship and social responsibility.
- Act with integrity, trust and respect.
- Reward creativity, a determination to excel and a commitment to action.
- Demonstrate leadership in safety, stewardship of the environment and social responsibility.
- Develop our people in pursuit of excellence.
- Insist on and demonstrate teamwork, as well as honest and transparent communication.
- Promote positive change by encouraging innovation and applying agreed upon practices.
- ACE - An organization known for agility, courage, execution and decision-making speed, without ever sacrificing safety.
- Celebrate Success - A performance oriented business where success is shared and celebrated, intelligent risk-taking is embraced and we learn from our setbacks.
- Exceptional Leadership - Exceptional and motivated leaders at all levels who believe and act upon our Vision, Mission, strategy and Values.
- Actively Speak Up - An open and trusting workplace where everyone is encouraged to speak up and "positive intent" is always assumed.
- Collaboration - Our people are aligned and have a clear understanding of their role and accountabilities; when uncertainty exists, collaboration prevails.
- Empower - Leaders engage and inspire those around them, empowering others to achieve success.