- At Newmont, one of our core values is to act with integrity, trust and respect.
- Newmont employees will demonstrate leadership in safety, stewardship of the environment and social responsibility.
Recent Features :
Memberships & Partners
An Industry Leader
As of December 31, 2013, Newmont had proven and probable gold reserves of 88.4 million attributable ounces and an aggregate land position of approximately 24,000 square miles (62,000 square kilometers).
Headquarters: Denver, Colorado
President and CEO: Gary J. Goldberg
New York Stock Exchange (NYSE): NEM
Work force: Approximately 29,000 employees and contractors
Number of countries in which we have operations: Six. (Australia, Ghana, Indonesia, New Zealand, Peru and United States)
Land position: Approximately 24,000 square miles (62,000 square kilometers)
- Annual revenue of $8.3 billion;
- Gold operating margin of $632 per ounce;
- Operating cash flow of $1.6 billion1;
- Consolidated gold production of 5.5 million ounces (5.1 attributable ounces) and consolidated copper production of 227 million pounds (144 million attributable pounds);
- Gold and copper consolidated costs applicable to sales (“CAS”) of $761 per ounce and $4.42 per pound, respectively;
- All-in sustaining cost of $1,104 per ounce;
- Average realized gold and copper price of $1,393 per ounce and $2.96 per pound, respectively; and
- Included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the seventh year in a row.
1Operating cash flow refers to net cash provided from continuing operations
Gold (as of year-end 2013)
- 88.4 million attributable ounces of proven and probable gold reserves.
- Attributable production of 5.1 million ounces.
Copper (as of year-end 2013)
- 8.1 billion attributable pounds of proven and probable copper reserves.
- Attributable production of 144 million pounds.
Vision, Mission and Values
Our Mission, Vision and Values help us successfully grow our business:
Vision: We will be the most valued and respected mining company through industry leading performance.
Mission: We will build a sustainable mining business that delivers top quartile shareholder returns while leading in safety, environmental stewardship and social responsibility.
- Act with integrity, trust and respect.
- Reward creativity, a determination to excel and a commitment to action.
- Demonstrate leadership in safety, stewardship of the environment and social responsibility.
- Develop our people in pursuit of excellence.
- Insist on and demonstrate teamwork, as well as honest and transparent communication.
- Promote positive change by encouraging innovation and applying agreed upon practices.